I don’t have, because I don’t ask!
Submit Yourselves to God
4 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
I’ve taken the whole day to sum up the courage to write this post – you see, I had to make sure my motives are pure. But, as the day has progressed, I’ve realised that not only are my motives pure, they are in line with the will of God. This is what I pray for:
- First, and most importantly, for God to renew, restore and strengthen my marriage. Because God has given marriage to us as His gift of love and security. Proof of this can virtually be read throughout the whole bible.
- Secondly, I am praying for our finances. Jesus came that we may live life in abundance, and we are definitely not doing that now. In fact, we are barely scraping by.
- Thirdly, I pray for our little daughter – that she may grow up strong, secure and confident, because she is a child of God.
- Fourth, I pray for this anxiety, panic and fear to be taken from me, because God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.
- And finally, I pray that I may make peace with my weight and with the idea of losing weight and that God will help me and give me the grace to achieve my goals and breath into me the desire to want to lose weight, because this body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and should be looked after – that as with Ezekiel and the dry bones, that God will breath into me the desire to be fit, healthy and strong – and not worry about losing weight. That I can leave this whole issue behind me now and not pick it up again (even when I lose my appetite or don’t feel like eating – actually, especially then…).
I pray all these things in Jesus name, because by His death, I can approach God in His throne room confidently. But, I also know the bible says that where two or more are gathered in His name – so I ask that you pray with me. And then I ask for God’s grace to leave all of the above with Him that He may work it out in His time, according to His good works so that all that is happening in our lives may work towards our good – for me. For my husband. And for our little girl.
Please pray these things for me and with me.
I know that all of this is in God’s will – I don’t know how I know, I just do. So, I am asking – so that I can have. As His word has said.
Keep Your Vision Alive!
‘…We grope…feeling our way like men without eyes…’ Isaiah 59:10 NIV
The Pilgrims who founded America landed at Plymouth Rock full of vision. The first year they established a town, the next year they elected a town council. In their third year, the town council proposed building a road eight kilometres out into the wilderness for westward expansion. But the townspeople criticised it as a waste of public funds. Amazing! Once they had been able to see across oceans to new worlds, now they couldn’t see a few kilometres down the road. What happened? They failed to keep their vision alive. How can you keep that from happening to you?
(1) Keep your vision before you at all times. ‘Write the vision and make it plain…that he may run who reads it.’ (Habakkuk 2:2 NKJV) Your vision is the road map for your life. So write it down, read it regularly and keep it before you at all times. (2) Make sure the vision is yours, not somebody else’s. In the name of being ‘sensible’ or ‘practical’, many of us ignore our God-given desires. We undertake a career to please our parents, our spouses or others. That may make you dutiful, but it won’t make you successful. You cannot fulfil a vision that is not your own! (3) Believe in yourself even when others don’t. You may succeed if nobody else believes in you, but you will never succeed if you don’t believe in yourself. No matter how old you are, always stay young at heart. Pearl S. Buck said, ‘The young do not know enough to be prudent, therefore they attempt the impossible, and achieve it generation after generation.’
- Love is not easy…but it is worth it (thejourneyforwomen.wordpress.com)
- Courage (fullofrosesinspirationals.wordpress.com)